Press Release: August 7, 2017
Joseph N. Aldrich
M3LD MAKES INAUGURAL APPEARANCE AT NY NOW SUMMER 2017 MARKET
M3LD blossomed from concept to celebrity through originality in less than two years;
new collection incorporates concrete, burnished brass in modern nod to classic brutalism
NEW YORK, Aug. 7, 2017 – A Salt Lake City-based designer known for its irreverent aesthetics and strong design point of view, M3LD will introduce a slate of new home furnishings and décor at NY NOW Summer 2017 Market.
M3LD brings iconic brutalist themes to modern living in an architecturally driven family of home furnishings, lighting, wall coverings and home accents that stand apart from the crowd with their unique vision and strong design point of view. Founded by three friends, this upstart company will make its first appearance at NY NOW Summer 2017 Market this year. NY NOW is the industry’s most expansive marketplace event and attracts thousands of attendees, buyers and retailers annually.
NY NOW is not open to the public. However, qualified members of the trade and credentialed media are invited to register to attend.
Date: Aug. 20-23, 2017
Time: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily; 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 23, 2017
Where: Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, New Exhibitor Pavilion, Level 1
Booth Number: 2428
Registration: Visit nynow.com for registration information
On the heels of its 2016 debut collection, M3LD will present a portfolio of home furnishing and accessories at NY NOW based on their unique interpretation of midcentury modern and brutalism styles.
- Oscar Planter – Oscar’s no grouch; this planter is happy indoors or out. His adorable pot belly is held up by sturdy, attractive brass tripod base.
- O Ring – This brass-finished steel circular wall décor offers elegance in simplicity – ostentatious, opulent and organized! – indoor or out.
- Meyer Planter – Just like hybrid lemon with the same name, our planter is a cross between the shine of midcentury modern and the saltiness of brutalism. Served in pairs, in your choice of tall or short.
- Roulette Mirror – Our money is on this burnished brass beauty and her beguiling ability to trip the light fantastic. We bet you’ll say, “Oui.”
- Crass Sconce – When chrome meets brass, there’s no other way to describe it than, “crass.” But with burnished brass finishes, this sconce also knows how to mix well among polite company.
- Hank Concrete Pendant Light – Get a little freaky with this asymmetrical, angular, amazing piece of molded concrete lighting hotness, now available in black.
- Judith Light – You'll know who's the boss when Judith’s in the room. A can't-miss statement piece, this table lamp is a hand-welded, brutalist-inspired power player.
- Lucy Floor Lamp – If statement pieces make you dizzy, this clear acrylic three-legged floor lamp will have you swearing your love for Lucy.
- Milton Burl Wood Table – Ol' Milt is a dapper gentleman, decked out in walnut burl wood with a satin finish. While the swirls and curls of his grain will turn heads, it's his brushed brass base that makes him irresistible.
- Heavy Pet Dish – Nothing works up an appetite like good design. Feed pets in style with this stainless-steel bowl paired with either a matte black or burnished brass base.
M3LD also is introducing its first collection at NY NOW Summer Market 2017. The custom-designed, natural-color molded concrete Mason collection is a brutalist-inspired triple-threat. The flagship piece is a one-of-a-kind concrete pendant lamp that casts epic patterns in shadow and light, projecting abstract and organic shapes around the room. Pair it with the new three-legged side table, which is topped with round, smoked glass. The collection also features a table lamp adorned with a square, black silk shade.
In addition to interviews with M3LD founders Andrea Beecher, Brian Garrett and Jason Frederick, M3LD is making available web-friendly and print-ready product images. To request interviews or images, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit M3LD’s online press room.
M3LD is what happens when three friends choose to combine their penchant for modernism with the audacity to believe that their designs could improve communities. Established in 2014 in Salt Lake City, M3LD has blossomed from concept to celebrity through its originality. The founders' disruptive approach to commercial interior design is defying conventions, ensuring entrepreneurs and influencers cast their visions upon the spaces they operate and shake up the image of Salt Lake City. M3LD’s residential interior design services guide clients through a process of discovery that yields a kinetic display of their personality among home interiors that are cheeky, functional and livable. M3LD also extends its irreverent aesthetics and strong design point of view to its collections of home furnishings and décor, available from M3LD online or its network of retail partners nationwide. Learn more at m3ld.com.
Joseph N. Aldrich (949-329-3720) or Cara Stewart (949-290-5563) at email@example.com